why would someone do this to my car?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
NDMstang65

Postby NDMstang65 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:06 am

Yep

My daily driver is a POS...bought it off the backlot for 800 bucks...i've got like 196k on it now...

Gonna drive it till it dies in the middle of the road...or somebody decides they wanna hit it for me
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:39 pm

NDMstang65 wrote:
Gonna drive it till it dies in the middle of the road...or somebody decides they wanna hit it for me

LOL
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
black300zx

Postby black300zx » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:38 pm

kevox wrote:Well I now have even more marks on my car:cwm15: Although this time not from vandalism, just some irresponsible people that accidentally hit other people's cars when opening their doors !! :@ I noticed a new spot on the driver's side quarter panel today as well as two, yes TWO, little marks (about 2" away from each other, almost parallel, about .5" long) to the lower right of the spiral:cwm15:

Man before you know it I'm gonna need a whole paint job:(

= my pet peeve (people being careless when opening their doors)
Eclipse 8443

JL 300/4
ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies
peerless exclusive 8" midbasses

(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(

check out my ride
fugyaself

Postby fugyaself » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:27 pm

Nigel wrote:that's why I drive a crappy old car, no clear coat, plain white paint, nothing that looks special, everyone just looks over the thing, Now, on the other hand once I put my truck on the road, I will be the most paranoid person in Canada...

Nigel

I drive a Cavalier. I could give a fvck about my paint. I used to ram stuff all the time. The bumper shows it. Just this weekend I did some pretty serious offroading with it(for a car at least) to go shooting.
"Part of understanding is actually comprehending the reasoning behind the statements, not just the grammatical structure." - Dan Wiggins

"And no, dont smoke your cone - either acidentally or on purpose" - Kyle

Americanism
John

Postby John » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:05 pm

kevox wrote:why would someone do this to my car?

:cwm17: Kevox, first step: find a mirror....second step: stand directly in front of it....third step: stare directly into the mirror...fourth step: THINK (if it starts to hurt, stop) :)

--m-- wrote:IAsk Josh for some good advice...he's always washing his car and taking pics of it :p.

His "car" ;) . . . riiiight . . . his "car" :cwm11:
--m--

Postby --m-- » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:10 am

[quote="John"]His "car" ]

Not sure I'm following you on this one.....
Once you've hit rock bottom there's only one way to go....sideways
John

Postby John » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:22 am

kevox wrote:that they "painted" with their finger with the dirt/dust on the car.

That's why you always keep your car clean...If the dust/dirt was not too bad (thick or gritty) then you should be able to buff it up...

Maybe I missed something...but...Was this car in an accident of some type, is the bumper/hood dented, or is the bumper just not put on right? The front end does not look right to me...

Stay far away from maaco paint jobs...just thought I say it again...
kevox

Postby kevox » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:09 pm

John wrote:That's why you always keep your car clean...If the dust/dirt was not too bad (thick or gritty) then you should be able to buff it up...

Maybe I missed something...but...Was this car in an accident of some type, is the bumper/hood dented, or is the bumper just not put on right? The front end does not look right to me...

Stay far away from maaco paint jobs...just thought I say it again...
Well it's not like their finger painting made any permanent marks on the car - it is completely off now...just that I didn't understand why anyone would key a car and then draw a kitten beside it...turns out, as my dad pointed out to me logically, that it was my adopted 9year old female sibling that would've done that kitten...

About the front end not looking right, based on this pic? http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/kevox/?action=view¤t=Talonfront.jpg

If it's not on that pic then it's possible that whatever other pic u were looking at didn't have the hood all the way down. Because I later found out that I had been driving around with the hood not completely shut for several days LOL, I didn't know it was like a door and could not "shut" all the way. I just hate dropping it from 8"+ just to close it all the way - so loud and unhealthy sounding:cwm17:
The front right of the bumper (looking at it straight on) does have a dent that was nicely painted over. Maybe that's what you were looking at. I donno but it doesn't bother me as much as the many paint scuffs people have accumulated on my car :cwm15:
John

Postby John » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:23 pm

That pic does show it, didn't look at the others again...that gap just looked a little large, while the hood appeared shut...
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:29 pm

John wrote:That pic does show it, didn't look at the others again...that gap just looked a little large, while the hood appeared shut...

Ya in that pic the hood is DEFINITELY shut; now when the hood isn't quite shut I can easily tell cause it sticks up like enough to slide your whole hand underneath it lol.

Return to “Automotive Performance”