First car to my new classic auto collection

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
westend

First car to my new classic auto collection

Postby westend » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:30 pm

Yep, didn't even have to go to Barret/Jackson for this: 1988 Chysler Le Baron convertible. :) 4 Cylinders of classically designed fuel injection, turbocharged! It is actually in mint condition. Any LeBaron owners on this board?
Pioneer 860, Soundstream 600-4, Directed 1100d, CDT IEK, CDT EF61CF, 2-IDQ-10's NoGOT-No gas on Thurs.

Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:37 pm

is it red with a white top?

new a kid who had one like that...dont think it was turboed...unless they were all turboed, and im pretty sure it was a v6 with the high performance upgrade or whatever they called it...but i never really understood what was so exciting about them.

I guess you've come here to explain it to me
Pioneer -- A/D/S -- AA Poly Mids -- Helix Dark Blue --
-- Orion HCCA -- Oz Matrix Elites -- Stinger -- Knukonceptz

Next In Line: a/d/s P4100
westend

Postby westend » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:06 am

Burgundy with a black top. The v6 was an offering in later years, I believe. Not to sure about the production history as I haven't done much research on the LeBaron line. IIRC, this is the second Chrysler product I've owned.
There is really nothing too spectacular about this ride but the overall "funness" is where it shines. It's kinda like the Delorean in "Back to the future". Digital instrument panel and system monitoring panels are close to the 'Flux capacitor" look. You can program the fuel system monitoring to date and time for trip completion, also.:cwm11: Front headlight covers, leather buckets, convertible, automatic, a little zip from the turbo'd 4 , make it a sweet little ride.
The suspension, steering slop, and worn struts have to be experienced for that 80's feel.
If I tinted the windows, added gold spoked dubs, and lowered the car 2" overall I could sell this for twice what I paid.
I hope some past or current LeBaron owners can add some info about this time machine, lol.
Pioneer 860, Soundstream 600-4, Directed 1100d, CDT IEK, CDT EF61CF, 2-IDQ-10's NoGOT-No gas on Thurs.

Return to “Automotive Performance”