replacement mirror glass...

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
Derek

replacement mirror glass...

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:12 am

i've searched for the last damn hour...and cannot find anything. i don't need the whole mirror assembly....just the glass. '95 camaro. i can find it for earlier camaro's...but not a 95...bastards. :( anybody help me out?
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
milenk0

Postby milenk0 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 am

junk

yard
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my lord for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

DO NOT BUY FROM LOW-HZ OR PENNYPUSHERS OR SHOWRIDES.NET
John

Postby John » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:50 am

junk yard works... just make sure you take the whole assembly from the junker or that you know how to correctly remove a mirror...

For anything like this, I usually just go to a place in town here and have them cut me one and they'll set it in.
I don't know about prices, maybe find a local place that could cut one for you...Guessing that it has the adjusment cable, which shouldn't be a problem, but on the other hand if it has defrost or something on that order...you may need to just buy the whole thing...

Dealership may be able to order the part, but I'm not sure. I know you can get just the mirror for fords (or at least newer f150), but not sure about gm...

anyway, care to share how this happened?
Derek

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:34 pm

chip lives on a narrow street. came out in the morning. my mirror was broken. the assembly is pretty much fine....i might just end up paying the $50 for the whole assembly. but if i could get just the glass for cheap...i'd do that....don't really care to spend $50 but i probably will. it doesn't have defrost or anything....i did notice the motor doesn't work anymore....but i can move it by hand....

every time i have called the junkyards around here in the last 4 years....they don't have any camaros. at all. :)
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
John

Postby John » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 pm

Derek wrote:chip lives on a narrow street. came out in the morning. my mirror was broken. the assembly is pretty much fine....i might just end up paying the $50 for the whole assembly. but if i could get just the glass for cheap...i'd do that....don't really care to spend $50 but i probably will. it doesn't have defrost or anything....i did notice the motor doesn't work anymore....but i can move it by hand....

I'd just spend the $50 then...I suppose that doesn't include the motor though, but maybe you can figure that out once you get it apart. Hopefully it is something simple like being disconnected following the incident...what do you think happened, someone hit the mirror? Confused as to how it would just break the mirror and not the housing...More likely, I'd guess someone was trying to steal the mirror.

With my mention of the f-150 earlier, their new trucks with the larger mirrors are a prime canidate for theft as the mirrors are rather easy to remove without breaking. In this case however, the thief snapped the mirror trying to get it out...

Derek wrote:every time i have called the junkyards around here in the last 4 years....they don't have any camaros. at all. :)

Understood, I've tried using that junkyard database / network someone posted on here...while it sounds and looks promising, every time I've tried to acquire something a junkyard on the there they either can't find it or they really just don't care to look, as in well yeah I am sure it is around here somewhere, you're welcome to come and scrounge around for it. Which would be fine if it wasn't half a dozen hours plus away...end rant.
Derek

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:06 pm

i think someone hit it....a little piece of the housing is broken....but not anything huge....
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
Jakezor

Postby Jakezor » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:39 am

Derek wrote:every time i have called the junkyards around here in the last 4 years....they don't have any camaros. at all. :)

Aren't they all up on blocks in the owner's front lawns?
ballstothewall

Postby ballstothewall » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:51 am

If you don't mind waiting and looking a little bit longer, you might try poking around on camaro forums to find one (ie http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/).
young_gun

Postby young_gun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:47 am

Jakezor wrote:Aren't they all up on blocks in the owner's front lawns?

Ouch!:cwm11:
John

Postby John » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:12 pm

Jakezor wrote:Aren't they all up on blocks in the owner's front lawns?

Cinderblock Heaven, in Every Valued Yard...

Return to “Automotive Performance”