Note to Self: Never let Eddie Griffin drive your car.

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
John

Postby John » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:00 pm

I don't know, cost of fixing that v. insurance pay out of $1.5M?

Big Mack wrote:The guy bought a car that cost $1.5M

Try again mack, originally the cost of that car was only in the mid to high $600k range, less than half of what it is now worth, $1.5M...Maintenance is another story though...
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:36 am

John wrote:I don't know, cost of fixing that v. insurance pay out of $1.5M?

Try again mack, originally the cost of that car was only in the mid to high $600k range, less than half of what it is now worth, $1.5M...Maintenance is another story though...

Who cares? Doesn't say anywhere that he bought it brand new, and since he's a car collector, he may have paid up for it. He's got an extensive car collection, which is featured in the movie, so he's got the money, which was the entire point that you seem to have missed.

Thanks for trying to be a butthole, though, John :p

Big Mack
Speakerboy

Postby Speakerboy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:06 pm

Can he get any money from the insurance company for devaluing the car in an accident? I know with normal cars, you can claim this, but I don't know with exotics. Besides, do people actually check the CARFAX on a million dollar car?
If I were a gangster, my name would be "Jimmy the Gimp".
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:42 pm

Speakerboy wrote:Can he get any money from the insurance company for devaluing the car in an accident? I know with normal cars, you can claim this, but I don't know with exotics. Besides, do people actually check the CARFAX on a million dollar car?

That's a damn fine question. I would think that a car like that would have to be sold at auction or something, considering both how rare it is and how much it will cost to sell. So a vehicle history would likely have to be provided to the auction house perhaps?

Now on myspace the adverts for this admittedly god-awful looking piece of cinematic-suck are claiming that the crash was staged.
John

Postby John » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:29 pm

flak_monkey wrote:That's a damn fine question. I would think that a car like that would have to be sold at auction or something, considering both how rare it is and how much it will cost to sell. So a vehicle history would likely have to be provided to the auction house perhaps?

There is a market, especially foreign, for wrecked or in need of repair exotic vehicles, even here in the United States some of the foreign and even domestic sports cars in bad shape fetch amazing prices.

Return to “Automotive Performance”