SE vs SX

General car audio discussion area.
Vh3i55u

SE vs SX

Postby Vh3i55u » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:07 am

I finally have everything together and planned for my system I just need to finalize my decision on the sub. I've been planning on getting the SE12, but I have the opportunity to get the SX for only 50 dollars more. Is there really a big difference between the two?

Which one should I go for?
[font='Times New Roman']If at first you don't succeed then sky-diving isn't for you[/font]
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Depends what you want for an end result. The SX is capable of getting louder than the SE, however the SX does not have sound quality characteristics of the SE or the bottom end that the SE does. If you want more output, get the SX. If you want overall better sound quality and bottom end, I'd go with the SE.

I am not saying that the SX sounds bad, nor am I trying to say that the SE will not get loud.

As for me, I would choose the SE hands down. I've owned a set of SE 12s and they have to be one of my favorite subwoofer systems ever in my vehicle. But that's because I am more geared towards SQ instead of SPL.

That is just my two cents. The final decision is up to you.
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum
Vh3i55u

Postby Vh3i55u » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:36 pm

ok, that helps a lot!

I think I will go with the SE12 especially because I don't think I would have enough room to really serve the SX justice. Does the SE really drop lower?
[font='Times New Roman']If at first you don't succeed then sky-diving isn't for you[/font]
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:14 pm

I specifically remember RE boasting the SE's "massive bottom octave".

You could get the SX to drop low in the right enclosure, I would think the SE parameters allow it to do it easier.
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Vh3i55u

Postby Vh3i55u » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 pm

ok, sweet

thanks man
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Anytime

Return to “Car Audio”