eBay seller: Locust Audio

General car audio discussion area.
X-OvrDistortion

eBay seller: Locust Audio

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Well, on March 14th I bought my alarm from Locust Audio. Here we are today and still no alarm. So, I have been in discussion with them and I get the "your package was destroyed in shipping" and "it's not our fault" from them. Here is some fun reading. It has my reply to them also.

Locust wrote:Hello,
Thank you for your purchase. We have received your payment and will process your order today. It will ship out FEDEX ground on 3/18. We will email the tracking number to you as soon as it is available. Once the package arrives, please save all accessories associated with the item (Manufactuer's box, etc) as it will be needed in case of a warranty issue . Please do not forget to leave feedback for us and we will return the favor. Thank you for your business and have a great day!

Then my reply to them

Me on 03/20/2008 wrote:Thanks for keeping me informed about what is going on with my product. [/sarcasm]

Do we have tracking information? Has this shipped? Anything?

Their reply to me

Locust Audio wrote:Hi,

We shipped out your item, however, your package was returned back to us damaged by the carrier. We are re-processing another brand new item for you and will be re-shipping it via FEDEX. We sincerely apologize for the inconvien and delay the damaged shipment has caused.

That is fine, I appreciate them taking care of it before it got to me. I told them that in a different email to which they never replied. So, after day of waiting for a tracking number on the new shipment, I sent them this.

Me wrote:If what you are telling me is true, this has shipped already. If it has, where is my tracking information? I would love to sit and play games with you, but I don’t have the desire or the patience to do so. So, please just get my equipment to me, so I can wash my hands of this transaction. I would love to leave bad feedback for this, but, you would leave me bad feedback (even though my side was taken care of). I hope to see this package by Friday, but I think I have high hopes.

Thanks,

Jaime Hicks

To which they replied

Locust Audio wrote:Hi,

Wow, your right, everything that goes wrong in the world is our fault. We are not the shipping carrier and cannot control that aspect of the transaction. Your item re-shipped FEDEX and the tracking number is 764924360015232. You could always solve this problem from ever occuring in the future by walking into an actual store and purchasing the item, however, you would pay alot more. All we can do is apologize for the delay

Ok, I understand I was a smart *** in my last email, but dayam, just get my **** to me. So, with his smart assed reply I sent him this.

Me wrote:Wow, your right. I could go into a store and purchase my equipment. But I decided to give you a chance. If you had ever followed through with your promise of tracking when the product has shipped, I would have never even had to ask about this. It seems that it takes a smart assed email to get any reply from your “company”. It is not my fault that you failed to follow through on your end. I did my part and paid. It gets damaged in shipping, so my expected delivery date has changed. I know that in all my years of working in a shipping environment, if something like that happened, we would still try and make every effort possible to get the equipment to the customer in a timely manner. So, take it for what it’s worth.

Have a splendid day,

Jaime Hicks

Am I wrong to have a expectation from a "company" that I buy from? Oh well...I hope it arrives soon.
KU40

Postby KU40 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:59 pm

To me it seems you were a little hasty between them getting back a damaged item and shipping a new one out. They did say they were reprocessing the order, which doesn't mean it had shipped out yet and may take a day or two if they have to deal with things with the shipper. And they could have been an hour from sending you an email with the tracking number when you emailed them. Or they may have never sent one, never know. But I may be missing something.

but if it did ship on the 18th....that was 8 days ago. have you checked the tracking number?
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:07 pm

I guess I should have dated all these quotes. It was 4 or 5 days from purchase, and I still had nothing. The only reason I was told anything was cause I asked. When I do business I do my best to make sure everyone involved is kept informed. I did leave out the unanswered emails.

The only reason I knew it was damaged was because of my email, they let me know nothing.

I checked the tracking, and it is due on Friday. It says it was shipped on the 25th. Seems like it takes them a long time to get their "in stock" items out.

Tell me why a F up on their part equals me accepting anything less then good customer service?
KU40

Postby KU40 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:54 pm

oh, yeah. that's why I put the "but i may be missing something" part in there. if it was 4-5 days and they still hadn't sent a tracking number, any kind of update, or even replied to emails I'd surely be emailing them a little irked too.

It's also a little nonprofessional for them to reply with sarcasm, even if the customer did the same first. And as far as it taking them 5 days to send a replacement, I can think of 3 reasons: They lied to you and didn't really have the item in stock at the time, they were just lazy, or they were too busy and couldn't process yours and all their other orders fast enough. None of them are good excuses. Obviously the first two aren't, but the third is just as much their fault as the others. A good company anticipates the growth or finds ways to work harder with the people they have to get the job done within the same time frame.

Alpine CDA-9827

Crossfire CFQ5.2

X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:02 pm

None of the was done in hours, we are talking days.

I suspect that they never had the alarm there and ran into issues getting it. So, I get the short end of the stick and there is nothing I can do about it.
KU40

Postby KU40 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:05 pm

why would somebody name their company locust in the first place? those bugs are annoying and bad.

speaking of locusts, another insect that has been annoying lately are those little brownish lady bug looking things. I had never seen them before this year and now they are everywhere, there have been a few in my room and even in the stairwell at work. I never see them move and yet they're always in a different place the next time I see them.

Alpine CDA-9827

Crossfire CFQ5.2

Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:02 pm

I thought your comments were overly aggressive quite quickly. I think you probably would have had a far more pleasant time, and got the package in the same timespan, if you had chilled out a little bit. But that's me. :)

You need to consider the source... Just because you do business with a company doesn't mean you are entitled to first rate service every time, all the time. You probably paid a discount price for your alarm, which means you get discount service.

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:48 pm

I don't care where I buy from. I expect some sort of customer service. I had send emails asking for a status update.....I got nothing. It was not till I acted like a jack *** that I got a reply.
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:43 am

X-OvrDistortion wrote:I don't care where I buy from. I expect some sort of customer service. I had send emails asking for a status update.....I got nothing. It was not till I acted like a jack *** that I got a reply.

Yeah I guess the first bit was out of line. I didn't realize you had sent a bunch of messages to them at first. It sounded like your first reply to anything they said was sarcasm.

Adam
Found something better.

SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
Derek

Postby Derek » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:46 pm

KU40 wrote:why would somebody name their company locust in the first place? those bugs are annoying and bad.

speaking of locusts, another insect that has been annoying lately are those little brownish lady bug looking things. I had never seen them before this year and now they are everywhere, there have been a few in my room and even in the stairwell at work. I never see them move and yet they're always in a different place the next time I see them.

get used to them :) they will disappear when corn starts growing....and come back after harvest....they bite....and they smell really bad when you kill them.
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name

Return to “Car Audio”