need help 15 MT

General car audio discussion area.
95Honda

Postby 95Honda » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 pm

I have no idea what the T/s parameters are for the MT. I know that most people used them ported, so that either meant that they were a low Q driver (lots of motor control) that needed a ported box to extend the low end due to the high amount of dampening inherent to the motor... OR, it is a high Q sub that peaks ridiculously in a ported box due to low control from the motor, but looking at the motor, I would tend to vote on #1...

If someone could chime in from RE that would help... But, going off verything I have heard for the last 4 or 5 years about MTs, I would say 4-5 cubes, tuned around 30Hz for music or 40+ all the way to 50ish for burping with a big ol' port...

If the MT has some stupid high Q (I don't think it does) than it would work sealed, but I would bet the MT has a fairly high Fs with all those spiders and lower mms, so you might get a sub that has a decent response curve sealed, but has an F3 around like 70Hz or some Bs like that.... That isn't so good for music..
http://www.forceaudio.com

Marshall asked me how much it would be to fly to Idaho....
emperorjj1

Postby emperorjj1 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 am

mt isn't the best music driver or anything close to it anyway. if your using it you should do 35-38hz in a big ported box. Cant give exact specs because depending on the what the dealer ordered specs are different

Return to “Car Audio”