New toys!!

General car audio discussion area.
BASS

New toys!!

Postby BASS » Sat May 31, 2008 8:50 am

finally got around to getting some new toys for my car (I've only had it for two years now). Im still waiting for a few odds and ends (speaker terminal for the box Im building, and my mounting kit for the HU), but the majority of the stuff just came the other day. just in time for my birthday too, I love buying myself birthday presents.

anyway, found a great deal through an online dealer from ebay. after a few emails back and fourth, we bargained a great deal that would work for both of us. he set up a package deal for me, and we did it on our own so he didn't pay the ebay costs.

here's what I got.

Alpine Type-R 12", Alpine Type-R 6.5" comps, Alpine PDX 2.150, Alpine PDX 1.600, and Alpine iDA-X200. all for the low low price of $910 shipped. so with the rest of the money I had saved for the stereo, I got my mounting kit, wiring harness, dual amp kit from RF and am almost ready to roll. hopefully I'll get some pics going during the install, but for now this is all I got.

2004 Winning Blue Mazda 3s hatch
2.3L zoom zoom
HID Xenon headlights
Navigation
17" rims

stereo DONE!

Alpine iDA-X200, Alpine PDX 2.150, Alpine PDX 1.600, Alpine Type-R 6.5" comps, Alpine Type-R 12" ported.

the voices in my head tell me you're crazy
altima311

Postby altima311 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:41 pm

nice setup for sure :)
2000 Subaru Outback Wagon
5-spd

Alpine CDA-9815
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm

I like those PDX amps. The can stack making them muh more versatile for us with space concerns.
BASS

Postby BASS » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:17 pm

well my digi cam took a dump, followed by my PC. so there won't be any "as I go" pics, but there will be some "finished" pics in a day or so. got all the power and RCA cables run last night, the HU is in, and today is door speakers and hopefully amps. then when the speaker terminal comes in the sub goes in and its all done... (hopefully)

also having some issues with my MP3 player and my HU. if that doesnt work out, I'll be really mad!!

2.3L zoom zoom

HID Xenon headlights

Navigation

17" rims

stereo DONE!

Alpine iDA-X200, Alpine PDX 2.150, Alpine PDX 1.600, Alpine Type-R 6.5" comps, Alpine Type-R 12" ported.

BASS

Postby BASS » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:57 am

so after a week of so many things going wrong. I FINALLY got my stereo installed. first off, I love the feeling of installing everything myself...when Im DONE with it, but during the process I was getting really upset.

the doors in my mazda had plugs everywhere, I ended up having to drill holes in the plugs to wire the speakers to my amp. after that fun time, my HU decides to not recognize my Creative Zen Touch. so I go buy the smallest portable HDD best buy or circuit city carries in store, 160 gig. turns out, the HU can only accept up to 80 gig, so I just ordered one off of newegg.com.

I was able to throw some files on a flash drive to get some good sound to tune the system with. I gotta say that it sounds pretty good, but I have definately been spoiled by owning TWO Adire Audio Brahma's. while the alpine is nothing to sneeze at, it is hardly in the same catagory, but for $100 it's definately a kickass sub.

the mids and highs are also quite decent and are among the best I've owned. not quite the midrange that my JL's had, but the tweets are much cleaner and crisper without any harshness.

my HU is probably my least fav thing of the system. while I love the idea of being able to USB just about anything to it, its very fickle in what it will accept. if you have an Ipod, you are golden. I do not, nor will I ever have an Ipod so its not the greatest thing for me. I may end up selling the unit for the 9886 ( I think it is ). pretty much the same features, but it has a CD player unlike the iDA-X200.

I'll try to get some pics later today after my sunburn feels a little better, still gotta hide some wires and secure the box (which takes up my room then planned lol), but I have my loud, clear sounding, system back in my vehicle, and its a good feeling!!

2.3L zoom zoom

HID Xenon headlights

Navigation

17" rims

stereo DONE!

Return to “Car Audio”