Returned from Exodous

General car audio discussion area.
jmc0369

Returned from Exodous

Postby jmc0369 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:30 pm

I am back and in the early stages of planning an install for 04 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab.

I am retiring my lifted Jeep Cherokee with Jl Amps and 8w7 and Boston 6.5 Pros. I had intended to go active a while back, but got busy with life and settled with off the shelf passive. Back to the Dodge.

I have and might as well use an Orion H2 10.2 and PPI D2000 amp. I have no idea what an install for that ensemble (sealed or vented) would look like, as in how much space it would eat.

While that would cover the low end, Where I am open to suggestions is the 3 way active front; and the appropriate amperage and placement of suggested components. What X-over? Would I benefit from 6 or 7" woofers under seats?

I could throw $2500 into it for sound dampening, install, head unit, and components. Once again just looking to complement the PPI and Orion gear that I already have. Loud and super clean, I listen to every thing from classical and country, to rock and reggae.

Thanks for your input.
jmc0369

Postby jmc0369 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:44 pm

I should correct the rear doors idea. Maybe Dayton Rs180's in the front doors and 6.5 & tweets in q-form kicks. Additional tweets in a pillars? Nothing in the rear. Down firing sub in center console.

What would be needed for power supply in that configuration?
KU40

Postby KU40 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:23 am

you shouldn't need two pairs of tweets up front. the 8's in doors and comps in q-form sounds like a good idea to me. Putting the woofer under the seat is an interesting idea. I had that same one a few years ago but my car just didn't have the room under there. You could try building little boxes for some and putting them under there just to see how they sound before deciding on anything.
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)

Return to “Car Audio”