new electrical problems

General car audio discussion area.
kevox

new electrical problems

Postby kevox » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Ok so on Saturday a friend I just met was looking under the hood doing very simple tests to find problems with my engine which has been running crappy ever since it was rebuilt last summer and now come SUnday-present I have electrical problems where the amps in the hatch don't turn off and then proceed to drain my battery when I park it???
The ONLY thing my friend touched were the spark plugs so I really doubt it has anything to do with him but its jsut too coincidental.... So not only do my amps stay on all the time but my altrnator whine that went up and down with the RPM's that I've always had is now engine noise (or RCA interference maybe???) that is just a constant humming no matter what volume - this is actually how I found out my amps were on 24/7 - the hum was still on when I took the keys out!

Now there is one other problem; I had the RCA's disconnected for a few hours but when I reconnected them (and I've had this problem before) I got really CRAPPY signal - tweeters are all fuzzy and every time I touch the RCA's at the INPUT the signal changes. Obviously there is a loose connection! I'm using some of the Knukonceptz RCA's. What troubleshooting can I do to fix these problems? thanks guys!
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
nismo

Postby nismo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:54 pm

First, take a multimeter and test to see if you have voltage on the remote turn-on lead without the key in the ignition. That will tell you whether there's a problem with your deck (and the noise may be as well). If you have a spare set of RCA's, take them and run them outside (or through) your car as a test--don't bury them...you're just testing.

As far as the rest, I need to know answers to my questions before responding.

Eric
kevox

Postby kevox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 am

Alright, it'll probably take me a while to get some time to take a detailed look at it (I work 7 days a week between 2 jobs...) but I'll get back to you on that...I was planning on gutting the interior and organizing the wiring anyways...
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given

Return to “Car Audio”