Pros throw your input on Component speakers for my setup.

General car audio discussion area.
ryz0n

Pros throw your input on Component speakers for my setup.

Postby ryz0n » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:33 am

Well, I have 1 10" Pioneer TS-SW2541D shallow mount woofer, and most likely am going to have an Alpine Mrv-F545 amp. I want to get components for my front speakers in my 06 Scion tC, but am a little lost in all the diff brands. Ideally, I'd like to spend under 200$, on new or used speakers. I'm not necessarily going for something loud, just a real CLEAN, CRISP, and dynamic sound for my music. I dominantly listen to techno/electronic, rap, and occasionally rock. I really just want to listen to that right techno track and have it be an experience, much like it is heard live. So what is your guys input on this?
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:08 pm

200 is a fair budget to work with. I checked ebay and the discontinued JL Audio XR component sets are going for fairly cheap prices(by cheap I mean when compared to retail)

I have a set of XR coaxials and I love them. Never a bad choice, but there may be better choices in that price range.
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum
ryz0n

Postby ryz0n » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:57 pm

I was wondering what you guys think about Focal 165 A1 components? Im thinkin about gettin those, somethin like 180$ shipped.
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:28 am

Focals are nice speakers. The local shop carries them and I like most of the speakers I have heard.

Probably a win win situation.
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum

Return to “Car Audio”