Is WinIsd Pro Alpha correct? (Example...)

General car audio discussion area.
nikoskostaras

Is WinIsd Pro Alpha correct? (Example...)

Postby nikoskostaras » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm using WinIsd for counciling. Is it correct? Will it show me if an A Sub is louder than a B Sub?

It says that Ground Zero Nuclear GZNW 15 (in 2,45cu.ft ported at 35Hz) is louder than RE SX 15 (in a 3cu.ft at 35Hz). Is it true? The truth is that GZNW has 2500RMS and the SX has 1000RMS. I am between those two (for buying,I want to save and some space...). The only thing that bothers me is that the Ground Zero has Fs=37Hz. Is that good? Can anyone help?

Thanx!!!!
Bass is the base...
kevox

Postby kevox » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:49 am

No that is not correct. No box design software can tell you if sub A will be louder or cleaner than sub B - only realtime trial & error will tell you that. Winisd isn't really useful for anything besides telling you how long your port should be give a set air space. I wouldn't trust any of the graphs on it even if you took the time to give it every T/S parameter available on the sub(s) in question because it will ALL change once put in a vehicle. Winisd's graphs are essentially based on a speaker box being placed in an open field for PA listening - it does not account (nor could it possibly account for...) for cabin gain.

Go with the SX - it has a solid reputation.
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
nikoskostaras

Thanx!

Postby nikoskostaras » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 am

Thank you Kevox. I think you are right! I will go with the SX. I also think that it will be better....
Bass is the base...

Return to “Car Audio”