Any other Nascar Fans Here?

Off topic, uncensored, and mostly unmoderated.
im so lost7886

Any other Nascar Fans Here?

Postby im so lost7886 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:59 am

I'll be heading up to Michigan International Speedway tomorrow night for the race on Sunday. I'm a Kevin Harvick fan, anybody else here watch Nascar or any racing sport? Whatcha think about Dale Jr going to Hendrick to race with the queer squad?
KU40

Postby KU40 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:19 am

I haven't been able to get into it. my attention span isn't long enough to watch cars go in a circle for hours. and crashes don't excite me, because people may be getting hurt.

Dale left his father's team to go there, didn't he? That's kinda messed up to me, but I suppose he's his own man, too, and has to do things for himself.
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
im so lost7886

Postby im so lost7886 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:42 pm

He left the team his dad did start yes, but his stepmother is control of the company and they do not get along whatsoever, he asked for 51% of the company so he could control it to stay, they wouldn't give it up...so he left....biggest mistake his stepmom could've made now they have no big name driver anymore.....and Dale Jr is going to win more races and probably a championship eventually....90% of the time no one ever gets hurt when they wreck, to much stuff in the cars to save that from happening now.....after Sr's wreck they made the Hans device mandatory as it probably would've saved his life....
crow

Postby crow » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:27 pm

I watch most of the races. I'm pretty much a Tony Stewart fan although his whining is starting to get annoying. I think Earnhardt knew what he was going to do a long time ago. I also suspect Kyle Busch dug his own grave the day Earnhardt had to step into his car when Busch split and left his team hanging. Too bad, really. There's very few drivers that wouldn't leap at the chance to get in a Hendrick ride and Busch is going to have difficulty securing as good a team.

I'm guessing the issue with DEI is that it is being run like a business rather than a race team. Sometimes you have to get flexible on that bottom line if you want to win races. You can't win if you are unwilling to take risks.

Have fun at Michigan, man. I haven't had the chance to see one live yet.
im so lost7886

Postby im so lost7886 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:25 pm

If you can ever go to a race, do it, sounds like a group of angry bees when they start the race as they are coming at you.....my fiancee is a tony stewart fan, good guy....he's whining a lot more this year, but oh well, i'm hoping he'll get over that soon.....kyle busch is most likely going to DEI since they need a half way decent driver and all the others are under contract still....Hendrick is definitely a good team to drive for, but I'm still not a gordon or johnson fan.
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Isn't Nascar.....NASCAR? You ignorant fucking red necks!! :D

I really watch racing. Shit, I even bet on it. I root for Jimmy J.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:51 am

I watch F1

:runs and hides:
JimJ[VT]

Postby JimJ[VT] » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:06 pm

NASCAR is like modern country music to me, compromised to make it more palatable to the masses...used to be about moonshinin', drankin', hard-livin' rednecks, now it's the "Nextel Cup" because in a world of non-smokers Winston seems a little too un-PC.

If I want to see cars drive around in circles, I'll go to a short track race, at 80 or so laps it's not an all-day ordeal and there's still a sense of doing it for the love of racing, not to get TV ad time.

I just wonder what Earnhardt would have thought about it...
Big Mack

Postby Big Mack » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:16 pm

'JimJ[VT wrote:] now it's the "Nextel Cup" because in a world of non-smokers Winston seems a little too un-PC.

If I want to see cars drive around in circles, I'll go to a short track race, at 80 or so laps it's not an all-day ordeal and there's still a sense of doing it for the love of racing, not to get TV ad time.

Actually, they were only allowed to keep it Winston until the contract was up due to federal laws about advertising smoking. I don't see it as a bad thing to keep kids from starting to smoke. And your second part summed it up -- it was getting TV ad time, which is illegal. We have enough problems to deal with without putting more of a burden on our healthcare system, Jim.

Big Mack
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

"I've got mail!! Yay!!" --Special Ed

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

To my fallen brethren, you are NOT forgotten. To the usurpers of freedom, you are NOT forgiven!!
crow

Postby crow » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm

CBFryman wrote:I watch F1

:runs and hides:

I watch both, actually. Kimi Raikonnen is my favorite in Formula 1.

Tonight the 24 Hours of LeMans is on Speed. It's cool just to see the level of technology in these cars.

Two races I would pay serious money to see live are the night race at Bristol and the Monaco Grand Prix, the latter preferably surrounded by beautiful women and free flowing champagne :) .

Return to “Off Topic : The Hell Hole”