Might be gone for a while,Wish me luck

Off topic, uncensored, and mostly unmoderated.
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:49 pm

KU40 wrote:is that a ghost orb in that one picture? wow!

just water probably....it was raining the whole time, still is on and off
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

Novus Ordo Seclorum, The New Forum
John

Postby John » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:52 am

Yeah, things got pretty trashed. I came out unscathed as did my stuff, while others were not so lucky. It was pretty amazing to see. I've never seen a cornfield flattened, that was probably the most impressive sight to me. Houses swept away. Large propane tanks, once firmly cemented into the ground, turned into buoyant projectiles carried as far as a half mile away from what I saw. This was flash floods and mudslides among their worst, we've had rain, but nothing like this. Many areas flooded weren't even in a flood plain, and some were not even remotely near a body of water. The hills, bluffs, and valleys just channeled it all. Some streams have been filled in with mud and the water is just flowing underneath, some remote/rural streams got completed rerouted over night into different beds and ditches, and now appear to be staying that way.

Many areas got over a foot overnight...now if it had been winter, and that would have been snow, that would have been something like 10-12 feet or more.

We got FEMA here now, and they actually seem to be doing something helpful. National guard is here and there, but there's lots of local law enforcement and non-local law enforcement that have came to help out.

todd.brust wrote:these are all classic cars...what a shame

It's really a tragedy those cars are on that lot at all, but that grudge aside...
Knowing that business they are going to dry those cars out and sell them just the same as if they weren't flooded! I highly doubt they'll even mention a thing about it!
...which is of course, pathetic.
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:59 pm

wel lwhatever they do with those cars...i'll assume that they need the engines rebuilt assuming that the water poured in through the carbs...and definetely need new interor regardless of anything...all the mud and dirt and other nasty shit in that water had to have ruined any chance of even getting the upholstery remotely clean

john where abouts are you from? i think you mentioned it before but i don't remember...it's been a while since i have seen you around here
There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live... too rare to die.

John

Postby John » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:41 am

todd.brust wrote:wel lwhatever they do with those cars...i'll assume that they need the engines rebuilt assuming that the water poured in through the carbs...and definetely need new interor regardless of anything...all the mud and dirt and other nasty shit in that water had to have ruined any chance of even getting the upholstery remotely clean

A simple upper tear down engine wise, if that...as long as they weren't ran in it or immediately afterward...Look at where the water level is, on many it shouldn't be over the carb / air cleaner joint and as long as everything was tightly sealed...
It'll be pretty easy...I noticed they were already working on them.

Interior ruined...I doubt it...and I highly doubt they'll replace it...I noticed they were attempting to dry them out the other day. The water that hit was mostly fresh rain water and a little runoff. I don't think they got much mud, and I am willing to bet they are just going to dry them out, hopefully they disassemble the interiors to do that! Some of those have custom interiors, and I highly doubt they'd invest anymore to replace them.

todd.brust wrote:john where abouts are you from? i think you mentioned it before but i don't remember...it's been a while since i have seen you around here

Same area as yourself.
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:23 am

ok thought so

assuming that you knew about the flood

but i haven't seen you posting around lately

John

Postby John » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:55 am

Yeah, haven't been around here, online that is, in months...

In your line up **there**...

First Car is unknown
1968 Dodge Dart GTS Hardtop, Red w/ Black int, 340, Auto
1957 Chev 150 2 Door sedan, Mint green w/ Black & grey int, 350, Auto
1947 Mercury 4 Door Town Sedan, Black, 239 CID flat head V8
1946 Ford Coupe Streetrod, Silver/Purple, 351 Windsor, C-4
1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SL Roadster Conv/Hardtop, dark blue w/ tan int, V8, Auto
1955-1956 Ford Sedan (not sure of the details on this one)
1979 Corvette Coupe, Black w/ Black int, L-82, Auto
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS Hardtop, White w/ white&red bucket int, numbers matching 250/327, Muncie 4

Also spotted, 1948 Chevrolet 2 Door Sedan, Black, 350/350, being pushed out of the water to higher ground. I have a pic of that.

Valleymotorsofwinona.com
todd.brust

Postby todd.brust » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:26 am

looks accurate to me

i liekd that 46 ford and the impala SS
it's too bad

Return to “Off Topic : The Hell Hole”