Fs: SX 18 and Zapco 350.2

Please post any and all items you would like to sell here.
kevox

Fs: SX 18 and Zapco 350.2

Postby kevox » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:41 am

Alright it's time to let go of some of my collection with the goal of saving another $1000 for a turbo kit this summer:D

First off I've got my SX18! The cone, surround, and mounting gasket look perfect to me. The basket has some scuffs and the magnet has a few small scratches but nothing big. I'm redoing my system into a wall for two RF Power hx2 15's so I won't be needing the SX18 anymore.
Asking $275 + shipping OBO.

Next would be the Zapco Reference 350.2. Rated at 100w x 2 @ 4ohms and 175w x 2 @ 2ohms and it made my RE RE components absolutely shine! Definitely a lot nicer SQ-wise than the MTX 8302 I have running them now which does 121w x 2 according to its birth sheet. THere are minor scratches on this one - even less then those on the 1100.1 I have listed in a separate FS thread here. Asking $200 + shipping OBO.

Another item I have is the Zapco SLX-2 Fully Balanced Dual Crossover. I don't know much about this unit but it seems to be worth something... http://forums.automotive.com/community/70/4541/aftermarket-accessories/audio-video/zapco-electronic-crossovers/index.html
http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SLX2
I know thats not the greatest link but it's the best I could find...I googled this unit a few months ago and found a bunch of different sites with pics and everything and they were all inthe $175-200 range. This unit is in mint condition, it has 2 very light scratches in the upper left where it looks like a cat might have walked on it or something but other than that you can't even tell it's been used. It's got a crossover scale from 50hz-1khz. I'll get pics up soon cause I really donno what else to say about it. Let's say $100 + shipping OBO.

Next I have a Directed 750d. Now I dont aim to have any negative transactions so I'm going to be brutally honest about this one; I think some rookie messed with it before I bought it however it has worked flawlessly (hasn't even gotten hot after an hour of jammin'!) for me @ 1ohm on an SE15 so I believe that whatever the other guy might have done was not harmful.

Now the reason I suspect someone played with it is simple. I bought it on ebay for under a hundred bucks from a guy with 100% positive feedback so I felt it was a sweet deal. However when teh amp showed up the first thing I noticed was one of the two fuses were replaced. Now there is the "stock" 30A fuse coupled with a different 25A fuse! But that wasn't all; I flipped the amp upside-down to look at it and the cover for teh gains/frequency knob fell off! Next thing I know, the cover around those knobs fell off too and I could see the circuit board inside the amp! The 4 screws were missing from these two pieces... I emailed another guy who bought an 1100d off this same seller and he said he had the same issue regarding the screws not being there. The final thing I noticed that bugged me was that one of the screw terminals was gold whereas the rest were silver (or vice versa; I can't quite remember). Now like I said despite all these negative signs I tried the amp and used it for several weeks with absolutely no problems. I ran it at 1ohm for many hours and it didn't get hot, let alone think about overheating...so I believe this amp is still reliable for a small daily setup.
$65 + shipping OBO.

Next item I have here is...man it's hard to decide what I want to part with and never be able to use again lol... my Cerwin Vega VEGA 84 8" sub. It has been an awesome sub for me, single-4-ohm VC, 250w RMS power handling, recommended ported enclosure size of 1.25 cu/ft net. It does have some minor cosmetic flaws though. THe plastic trim mounting gasket (not removeable) where the screws go through has come about 75% unglued due to screws putting pressure on it in the wrong areas. It hasn't cracked or anything it's just come unglued (mostly) from teh frame of the sub but it falls back into place when you get the screws all the way in...the other thing is the thin plastic strip that holds the speaker terminals onto the basket snapped. I used electrical tape to put it back on there and stretched the tape all around the magnet a few times to make sure it didn't move as well. Other than that this sub is awesome; hits hard when you give it 200w :) I feel $30 + shipping is fair.

Next up is a JL 15W6 that NEEDS A RECONE. I bought this on ebay before I acquired my SE15 hoping it'd give me some good listening time and it powered up beautifully free-air the night I got it but for some reason it proved incapable of producing anything but scratchy/staticy noises from the millisecond it was mounted in my enclosure. The only suggestion I've received from ppl (some of you guys actually) is that somehow I bent the basket when I was drilling the screws in and that mis-aligned the VC former or something like that inside so now it rubs against the VC with .0000001mm of movement...Last I heard a recone was like $150 from JL but maybe you know somewhere cheaper I don't know. $15 + shipping OBO. If you're seriously interested let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Well I think that does it for now.
I'll do my best to get pics up tomorrow.
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Sorry about the delay with getting pics up. I actually have them on my other computer but our stupid wireless internet isn't working as it should so I have internet on this comp but not that one...gay.
Oh and the Directed 750d has been SOLD!
kevox

Postby kevox » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:53 am

The Zapco Reference 350.2 has been traded for a bunch of goodies - JBLGeo is gonna love his two new Zapco amps:D
AsianInvasian69

Postby AsianInvasian69 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:03 am

are you possibly willing to trade for that sx18
i got a list of goodies
treo ssx15
xxx15
mt15
ia20.1
just lemme know what your looking for
1995 ford ranger
Eclipse CD5000
MB Quart components
Subless for now...

2005 Yamaha r6

Subs in my room
Treo SSX15
XXX15
2 Tempest 15s
SE15
MT15
IA20.1 (amp)
kevox

Postby kevox » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:35 pm

AsianInvasian69 wrote:are you possibly willing to trade for that sx18
i got a list of goodies
treo ssx15
xxx15
mt15
ia20.1

Sorry man after trading for midbass, deck, and some random stuff and also after just buying two RF Power hx2 15's, the only thing that I can think of that would interest me for a trade is an RF T-series amp.

Right now I'm thinking a T3002, T4004, and T20001bd/T30001bd. If you have any of those you have a VERY good bargaining tool:)

edit: BTW, nice collection of subs:D
95Honda

Postby 95Honda » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:24 pm

Still have the crossover?
http://www.forceaudio.com

Marshall asked me how much it would be to fly to Idaho....
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:07 am

95Honda wrote:Still have the crossover?

Sure do.

Sorry about the lack of pics...seems i should stop making "next day" and "very soon" promises:cwm31: I do have some really nice, detailed pics of teh crossover - now if I could find the USB port on the burried back of this comp I'd be good to go.
kevox

Postby kevox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:06 pm

AsianInvasian69 wrote:are you possibly willing to trade for that sx18
i got a list of goodies
treo ssx15
xxx15
mt15
ia20.1

I might have changed my mind, lol. YGM
95Honda

Postby 95Honda » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:34 pm

I could pick it up in the next few weeks when I'm out your way. Let me try and look at the specs and see if it will work for me.
http://www.forceaudio.com

Marshall asked me how much it would be to fly to Idaho....
JBLgeo

Postby JBLgeo » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:23 pm

kevox wrote:I might have changed my mind, lol. YGM

:cwm11: ;) Ia20.1 would abuse those hx2's.
Blazer Extreme
Pioneer Signal
Zapco Power and Processing
Tangband Speakers and Subs

Return to “For Sale”