New Trunk Setup

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
Ezekiel81923

New Trunk Setup

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:05 am

I finally got my Matrix Elites today, so the install shall commence soon.

Theyre going in a seaeld box which was built to fit between my wheel wells, and then i need to find something to do with my amps cuz they cant sit where they were before...they seem to get wet there.

Ill update with pics as the day goes, im lazy right now so i wont start for a few hours.

You'll just have to wait in eager anticipation
Pioneer -- A/D/S -- AA Poly Mids -- Helix Dark Blue --
-- Orion HCCA -- Oz Matrix Elites -- Stinger -- Knukonceptz

Next In Line: a/d/s P4100
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:20 pm

some teasers for ya before i start posting install pics...

Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:21 pm

one more...

Francious70

Postby Francious70 » Fri May 19, 2006 4:03 pm

Put some damn shoes on you hippie.

BTW, nice speakers.

Now, rehost them on SIN and everything will be cool.
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:40 pm

o yea...i forgot i could do that

Nigel

Postby Nigel » Fri May 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Nice, but get them installed and pounding. Hope you love them as much as I love the one I have.

Nigel
'03 S-dime ext. Cab.
Dropped 3" all around
Shadow billet grill
De-Trimmed/De-Badged
18" Beyern Type Five's in Hyper Silver
Nexen N3000 245/45ZR18 rubber
Eurolite clear tails
clear corners
Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau Cover

Alpine CDA-7998 source unit
Clarion SRS 1686 6.5" comp set up front
OZ Audio ME 12.4 in a 2 cube ported box at 34 Hz
JBL GTO 601.1 II Sub amp
JBL GTO 75.2 II comp. amp
12 sq. ft. Dynamat Extreme on roof
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:05 am

well...everything went well...install wise anyways...

heres a pic of the box i got for the new subs...

It was part of a deal i made with the guy who bought my old 15A...i wanted a nice looking box for once. Its made it of birch ply or whatever. 2.6 cubes after sub/brace displacement. The interior is resined, cute little post terminal on the back, nice grey carpet, flush mounts and everything, and a nice brace in the middle. Real pleased with how this one turned out...

Heres a pic of the inside of it, with the brace...i lowered the camera down through one of the cutouts and took a pic across the length of the interior...its no TCAB but it should do just fine lol

here's where all the magic happens. I had the whole garage today which was nice. The phoenix gold box to the right of the sub box is full to the brim with assorted wires from previous installs, but of course nothing i could use, so i did have to run to bestbuy for some 16 guage. A drill with some hex screws, soldering iron, and a wire stripper was all i really needed. Thank god...for once i finally had every tool i needed

heres what the first sub looked like installed all flush like...i was really happy with how flush it really was. Bonus points to the dude who built the box for that...looks real good. (P.S. his name is IonSQL over on icix...hes apparently made quite a few boxes for members)

and heres the finished product. Fits real nice between the wheel wells and under the rear deck, so i could push it real far back to maximize trunk space. The orion, the cap and distro block reside behind the box, but there wasnt enough room for the dark blue so it had to stay in its usual spot unfortunately. Thats cool though...whatever. I put the jack and tire iron back below with the spare tire so it wouldnt be bouncing around either...that would suck

Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:14 am

first listening impressions...

not as loud as the 15A...even with the gains a little higher, but they havent gotten broken in at all really, and they are sealed. Plus, theres not much space for the air to make it back to the cabin...the box is pretty snug around all corners, but thats not to say u cant hear it or feel it...cuz uh, you can lol...

I listened to some of the usual teenage emo/screamo and then some tenacious d and sr-71. Very accurate subwoofers indeed. I was real worried they wouldnt be able to do what the 15A did, but they seem too so far. And a sealed box, while not as loud as ported, does sound better on most of the music i listen to (punk/rock/screamo) cuz its not so bottom heavy and the "upper sub frequencies" are more prevalent i think...so thats nice too. Definitely blends much better than the 15A did, cuz that just attacked bass lines whereas the matrix elites seem to be more understanding and accepting of them and they just go with the flow. Excellent personality traits these babies have. Wish i could make it a little louder though, even though it still bounces my radar detector around, still tryin to come up with something there. The trunk space is nice to have back, what little is there anyway. I dont wanna put grilles on them so i prolly wont put anything back there anyway, but what can ya do.

Only had em goin for about an hour today before disaster struck when attempting to jump someones car (loooooong story short, battery and alternator are shot AGAIN!) but the battery has been replaced and im tearin the alternator out tomorrow and getting a new stator and hopefully getting it re-wound to put out a few more amps than stock...

Wish i had the money...i hate being in debt to friends...but this car has to be up and functioning again as soon as possible

Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:15 am

P.S.....

after applying sticker, dee beez's were +5

few more stickers and ill be where i want to be

Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am

hmm....guess i could give you a rundown of the whole system too...

Pioneer deh-p9300 headunit. Really like this deck for some reason. Its bling bling and functional.

Seas lotus reference tweets in the a-pillars (or whatever you call the area on the door opposite the rear view mirrors).

Seas L18RNX mids fiberglass into the doors. Theyre highpassed at 80hz using he pioneers x-overs.

Helix dark blue 4 powers the tweets and mids. Onboard x-over lowpasses the mids at 1.6khz and then highpasses the tweets at about 2khz. Before the mids were down around 1khz but now that i closed the gap, the stage seems much more centered...sweetness.

Orion hcca 250r running at 1 ohm to the subs, giving each 400-500w. Had this amp before, sold it but then quickly realized i loved the damn thing too much, so i bought another one. Love this amp.

Return to “Project Logs”