New Trunk Setup

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Sat May 20, 2006 8:28 am

Looking good - if you're after a little more output wasn't it the norm for sedan users to push the box a foot or less from the back bumper firing backwards?

If you're not intending on using the trunk frequently, you can try that out - just set up two sets of locks for the speaker enclsoure - one for "listening" and one for "using the trunk."

Then you could do the usual gut the rear deck as much as possible too if you haven't already.
Yo.
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:00 am

yea i was thinking about moving it up...and i may try that as soon as my cars fixed...

im also gonna remove the speakers in my rear deck to allow for more flow since theyve just been chillin for 2 years
Pioneer -- A/D/S -- AA Poly Mids -- Helix Dark Blue --
-- Orion HCCA -- Oz Matrix Elites -- Stinger -- Knukonceptz

Next In Line: a/d/s P4100
Nigel

Postby Nigel » Sat May 20, 2006 11:27 am

Glad your happy with them but sad that they aren't as loud as the 15A was. Perhaps the next step is to port those bad boys.

Nigel
'03 S-dime ext. Cab.
Dropped 3" all around
Shadow billet grill
De-Trimmed/De-Badged
18" Beyern Type Five's in Hyper Silver
Nexen N3000 245/45ZR18 rubber
Eurolite clear tails
clear corners
Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau Cover

Alpine CDA-7998 source unit
Clarion SRS 1686 6.5" comp set up front
OZ Audio ME 12.4 in a 2 cube ported box at 34 Hz
JBL GTO 601.1 II Sub amp
JBL GTO 75.2 II comp. amp
12 sq. ft. Dynamat Extreme on roof
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sat May 20, 2006 1:36 pm

might be..

i havent played with these/listened to them enough to decide either way, im sure i can tweak this setup enough to get what i want out of them

danssoslow

Postby danssoslow » Sun May 21, 2006 12:49 am

Kudos for putting a system into that Taurus. Had one that looked exactly like that, green and all. I didn't even want to think about messing with that football radio and the wiring harness.

By the way, your big toe looks like ET's index finger. :)
No. Really.

soundcannon wrote: i am an english wiz
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:27 am

danssoslow wrote:Kudos for putting a system into that Taurus. Had one that looked exactly like that, green and all. I didn't even want to think about messing with that football radio and the wiring harness.

By the way, your big toe looks like ET's index finger. :)

it was first priority...

the football shape is a pain in the ass...the dash kit i have never fit right and while it looks fine, u can pull it out EXTREMELY easily...hell sometimes it bounces out when i hit bumps. But aside from that yea, ive done 2 or 3 complete system overhauls in it and ive changed the substage 5 times. The trunk is deceptively small which always screws me over in the end when i wanna go big. Its so curvy that theres no real space except for the middle. And theres no spot worth a damn to ground an amp in trunk...i had to invent some.

As for the toes, people say i have exceptionally long toes, but they look pretty normal to me. My big toe and the toe next to it (index toe?) are a little more than 3 inches long each. Thats normal right?

EDIT: Come tomorrow night/monday morning ill have pics of the alternator uninstall/repair/replacement...woo hoo for electrical systems

danssoslow

Postby danssoslow » Sun May 21, 2006 9:56 am

Ezekiel81923 wrote:As for the toes, people say i have exceptionally long toes, but they look pretty normal to me. My big toe and the toe next to it (index toe?) are a little more than 3 inches long each. Thats normal right?

It's what alot of people refer to as Yankee toe. I have the same thing. Actually, my second toe is longer than my big toe. I live in Kentucky, so I have no idea if all Yankees have this "toe". I've heard it's next to Godliness, though...
No. Really.

soundcannon wrote: i am an english wiz
jlaine

Postby jlaine » Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 am

danssoslow wrote:It's what alot of people refer to as Yankee toe. I have the same thing. Actually, my second toe is longer than my big toe. I live in Kentucky, so I have no idea if all Yankees have this "toe". I've heard it's next to Godliness, though...

I've got that too... :)

It's longer, not by much, but yup...

Talk about derailing a thread... LOL
Yo.
Ezekiel81923

Postby Ezekiel81923 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:57 pm

ill get better pics of my toes tomorrow...

as for the setup, moved the box forward about a foot, seems to have gotten slightly louder. I dont have an o-scope or anything but im sure my gains could be turned up significantly. Ive always run them real low and i turned the volume 3/4 of the way up and went to check out the excurision and these things are supposed to do something like 24mm and they certainly werent doing that.

Oh yea...and sometimes, now that my mids and tweets are more closely crossed over...i get sort of an echo affect in the lyrics. What gives?

black300zx

Postby black300zx » Wed May 24, 2006 11:51 am

ahhh - the garage pic brings back memories, specifically putting on the door panels and finding out they didn't fit :(

The box is nice, looks a ton better than your old one. I'll have to hear it one day:)
Eclipse 8443

JL 300/4
ID CD1 pro's on cd1e bodies
peerless exclusive 8" midbasses

(3) e8a.44 - ampless for now :(

check out my ride

Return to “Project Logs”