Building a box for my Bronco

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
posjr

Postby posjr » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:44 pm

I plan on putting carpet. Just no money at the time. So i just added some color to make it look nice inside of plan wood. I just spary painted it with flat paint witn gloss red lines. Behide the white amp there ia a design with the lines but didnt come out clean enough so i just covered it with the amp.

Wish i could up grade everything but its hard with 4 kids.
bassman07

Postby bassman07 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:17 pm

yea i understand.im still in highschool so im on an extremely short budget and i dont get handmedowns from my parents.
PM for box help!
posjr

Postby posjr » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Ok i finshed the wiring. What a pain. All the old wiring didnt reach so i had to extend some wires. Cant wait for the weekand to drive it around even though nobody can see it lol. But i know its there.

Since i had to extend some wires with butt connectors. Would this make any difference in sound?
KU40

Postby KU40 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:54 pm

none. just make sure they're nice and tight. I even like covering my butt connectors in tape or shrink wrap, or whatever. just extra protection.
-Nick aka NS1 aka mopey aka speedbump
Alpine CDA-9827
Crossfire CFQ5.2
JL Audio XR 650csi components, Planet Audio TT2300
Crossfire VR404 on factory rear 6x8's until I get them upgraded
SI 15D2 + 3.8 @ 30 hz + Crossfire BMF 1000D = :)
posjr

Postby posjr » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:10 am

Ok i finshed finally. I even built a box for the front speakers inside the doors. But my sytem sounds like crap.... It sounds disorted.

Can the remote wire runnin to the amp cause a problem next to the rca cables? I dont hear any hmming. I have the power wire on the other side alone.

How do you know where to set the gain levels and power levels? Because the amp says 50W X 4 @4 OHM and my speakers are at 75 max RMS 4ohm, so do i put the level all the way up on the channel.

Or am i just trying to make my speakers do what they cant handle?

I'm losing my mind over this.
Darthn3ss

Postby Darthn3ss » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:14 am

well.. the gain isn't really a volume control, or a way to limit th epower output so to say... basically, its sounding like that because the gain is all the way up. the way you set the gain is the reason why people (idiots) say that under powering speakers blows them... you turn the gain all the way up, clip the signal, and blow shit up... turn them down.. pop in a good CD.... turn all EQ/bass boost to flat, turn your volume up about 3/4 of the way, and then slowly turn the gain up until you start to hear some distortion. then turn it down a little... thats a pretty basic way to set your gain. another (Better) way to set the gain is with a DMM. or an even better way if you have acess is with an oscope (although my knowledge of doing it that way is limited.)

I would highly doubt the remote wire, or even power wires, will have any affect on your sys tem. also, unless your door speakers were specifically designed to be put in an enclosure, its probably best you remove the box.
94 Saturn SL1:
Pioneer - Memphis - JL - Knu Konceptz

Return to “Project Logs”