Xj6 rebuild starts tomorrow

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Wed May 09, 2007 11:23 am

Member02 wrote:I like corguar better, it sounds like a weird imported beer name.

Or a monster.
John

Postby John » Wed May 09, 2007 11:46 am

Corguar FTW!!!

Maybe Corveguar or Corvetuguar...though those won't fit on a license plate...

flak_monkey wrote:John: do you have a 'vette?

Actually, yes (co-owned)...it just needs some work. It recently got the correct tranny, but now the driveshaft needs to be cut and fit. It hasn't been out for awhile, though that's a 327. The other co-owned vehicle, an impala, has another corvette block...the 283 (turbo-fire mouse motor, lol) which was used pretty early on in the 'vettes. Also, MY 'newer' impala has a 350 in it, that's just over 5.7L...which I believe is the engine you desire. I never really thought of it before, but all of those blocks have been used in 'vettes.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Wed May 09, 2007 12:06 pm

John wrote:Corguar FTW!!!

Maybe Corveguar or Corvetuguar...though those won't fit on a license plate...

Actually, yes (co-owned)...it just needs some work. It recently got the correct tranny, but now the driveshaft needs to be cut and fit. It hasn't been out for awhile, though that's a 327. The other co-owned vehicle, an impala, has another corvette block...the 283 (turbo-fire mouse motor, lol) which was used pretty early on in the 'vettes. Also, MY 'newer' impala has a 350 in it, that's just over 5.7L...which I believe is the engine you desire. I never really thought of it before, but all of those blocks have been used in 'vettes.

Yeah, I want the whole drivetrain (tpi or lt1 350) from an impala ss, camaro, or a vette. The vette ones had aluminum heads and made more HP. Eventually, and this is a long way down the pipe, I'd do some serious mods to get it into the mid 300's in terms of HP. The rest of the car from the s3 Xj6's and XjS's can take that kind of punishment without so much as a quiet whimper, swaybar is the only thing that needs to be upgraded.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sun May 13, 2007 7:17 pm

I got to work this weekend and likely will next weekend too. I'm saving up for a new battery, a red top with 3 year free replacement, plus any costs I may incur while fixing this damn engine problem I'm having. I think I've got it nailed, too.

So next week I get started working on the system again.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sun May 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Well, I ended up not getting to work at all. F*ck that noise. I get out of school and this stupid dorm soon, so I can work full time. After 2 weeks, expect some progress here.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Oh yeah, and I got the car running well enough now.
Member02

Postby Member02 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:22 pm

yay! I'm not the only one delaying my project!

haha, you can do it!
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Mon May 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence. First paycheck will be for 2 more gallons of resin from us composites, though I doubt I'll need it. And some Bondo and a buttload of sandpaper, the inductors I need to finish my xovers, and the rest in savings to rebuild the rear end. Can't put in a new motor without having a proper working suspension. Rest of the summer will go to V8 conversion items. Hopefully I can find a good wrecked up car with a strong 350 and trans.
Member02

Postby Member02 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:06 pm

man, I wish I had as big a project as you... it would keep me busy forever...

instead I have to build speaker box after speaker box, nonstop...
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:51 pm

Alright, I dug my old bass cab box out of the closet. It just so happens that it's the exact volume that I need for my tumult. Granted, it's my first box and it's uglier than sin, akward, but it will fit in the car and the tumult is bolted in. I'm about to go bolt it down and try it out. Pics when I finish, okay? OKAY?
(okay!!!!)

chris

Return to “Project Logs”