Xj6 rebuild starts tomorrow

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:59 am

I use Maya with Renderman. I'm learning Zbrush.

I'm free today because I am sick and had to take off work. I might muster up the energy to lay down a few coats of fiberglass but I doubt it.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:55 pm

I ordered some UV blue cable sleeving, uv cable ties, and uv heatshrink. Also, two more uv lights to go in my pc, a uv blue power supply connector kit for my pc's new psu, and an extra sleeving kit. The UV led's in my fans for the pc case died but I like it this way because they are just clear fans now and I can sleep with the computer on. A switch is easy to wire for cold cathodes, but impossible to wire for LED fans. I'm about to bundle up and lay down a coat of resin tonight.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:58 pm

Oh yes, Happy holidays to all!
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:56 pm

I just got finished laying down my first coat of fiberglass resin. I've always been wary of resin ever since my very first project. I screwed it up the first time by not adding enough MEPK or something. I hope it turns out well! Pics when it dries, my basement is all stinky so I turned on the industrial fan.
Member02

Postby Member02 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:02 pm

fiberglass project in a basement, sounds silly, but then again I've done them in the middle of the street because my mom got mad when she found drips all over the driveway
Derek

Postby Derek » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:43 pm

i've been known to leave puddles of it on my parent's driveway....and/or in their garage :) it's a good thing they are very understanding.
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:54 pm

actually, our basement has a garage door and good ventilation. Or so i thought. The upstairs smells like fiberglass so I turned on the HUGE attic fan and now there is no more stinky. The resin dried okay. I'm going to do another coat tomorrow if I get a chance. Right now it's off to be with family. Merry Xmas!
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:47 pm

I got the water cooling system filled up and running, the amps are about to get screwed in. I also bought some KNU Krystal Kable interconnects and a Konfused fused distrobution block, both of which I would HIGHLY reccommend. The quality is amazing. So I'm getting the amp rack all ready to go because I don't feel like fiberglass today.

Chris

I know it looks messy know, but I've not screwed anything down yet of course. And I also need to buy some of those cable tie holders, and finish wiring up. The blue plexi square in the bottom left is a resevoir that makes filling the system a little easier. I'll have to come up with a better way to fill and bleed if the need arises.
flak_monkey

more progress!

Postby flak_monkey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:08 pm

I'm almost done with the amp rack.:cwm21:
:cwm20::cwm17:the Kole is too close to the fans to wire! I need 90 degree fittings so that the art series won't take up so much room. With 90 degree fittings, I think I can free up about 5 inches or more in terms of space.
Member02

Postby Member02 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:13 pm

impressive, good job so far!

Return to “Project Logs”