Page 1 of 2
Hyundai Santa Fe 18" MT project
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 am
well, right now it's already half done, but this will hopefully be my first really good looking setup, I've got the skills and I'm finally laying down the money to make it look good. I'll be getting detailed information and pictures up tonight. Stay tuned.
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:55 pm
sorry I had to kill you all in a waiting game, but I finally went and bought a cannon SD600 camera. and then I took pictures 5 days later (two days ago) and now they are here:
so far this is the first system I ever made look worth a damn...
I'm proud of myself, even if it took 2 months to simply cover a completed box and I have screws messing up the vinyl
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:15 pm
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:28 pm
Why go through all that work, and not fix the screws?
And I will nitpick, in one of the pictures you can see the hump from the glue (looks like an f'd up sinevwave). I would think that you spread the glue for better coverage and so it will not show marks.
Besides that, looking good.
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:35 pm
yes, I'm aware of the glue, for some reason no spray glue worked on this cheapo vinyl... 3M super90, 80, 77, none worked, so I just liquid nailed and stapled, pissed me off to staple it... wanted my best box to be stapleless
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:36 pm
If you ever do decide to fix the screws and recover the enclosure, pick up a couple of european hinges at lowes. You'll have to route out some pockets to make them fit, but it would be super clean. Nice work.
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:57 pm
would these european hinges support 60lbs? cause that damn thing weighs as much as the MT whenever I take it off
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:59 pm
Umm...Interesting...Good for your first try at making it look good...
I'll be brutally honest now...
1st, hide the wires
The Vinyl, I won't nit pick more but...Why the contrast from the rest of the vehicle...
I see that it sort of matches the ext, but it still doesn't work for me..
I don't like the hinges...or that the amp is just sort of hanging there...
The board visibility part is cool though...What about some actuators?
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:07 pm
hey, shoot me, I'm actually more than up for something new, I've grown bored since this project was completed... point me out to some more ideas, or a place that sells actuators and I'll start phase II and show a complete redo in lots of pictures here, and purposely kill off any 56kersq
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:12 pm
As far as the euro hinges, two probably wouldn't do, but you could throw in a row of them. Probably cost prohibitive, though.
As far as the wires, here's an idea:
It looks as if there is enough room inside of that "lid" to fit any slack you'd need to allow it to lift. You could cut a hole on each side of your enclosure, front and back into the amp space; and mount a pvc pipe "sleeve" into the holes. This way you can get the wires from just behind the rear seats into the enclosed part without any wires showing.