Yep, I'm doing another one, MT 18 as usual!

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:52 am

Member02 wrote:HAA....:cwm10:

well... I've got lots of cutting tools at my disposal.

lol, that is what I was thinking..."How is he going to get that in there.:cwm10: "
Sawzall

Postby Sawzall » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:37 pm

I too plowed thru all 23 pages in one shot - all I can say is thank Goddess for high speed cable connections to the Net. Good work.

Couple of suggestions for other folks reading along - car guys use a "cheesegrater" to smooth out bondo during its green stage. It has several advantages - comes in several degrees of "bite", from rough to damn smooth "micro" and several sizes. It also helps you make "straight" lines in your curves, meaning it has smooooooth line and not little undulations so that the final result has that pane of mirror glass. Same principle as block sanding.

One of keys to making the final product look as glassy as possible is to take each step one degree finer than you think you need - for example if it looks really smooth in bondo after sanding with 200, do it in 400 before you prime. You found the high build primer - it takes several coats to build, but again take it down to one step finer than you think it needs - primer is a hell of cheaper than color or clear coat and it saves lots of time. 600 grit is about right for this stage (unless you are using a metallic or trick paint).

With modern auto paints you can get amazing finishes pretty easy - and not cost a hell of a lot more than rattle can at the end of the day. And they have access to the paint codes and matching gear so that you can get the right shade of grey, etc.
fbi90909

Postby fbi90909 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:31 pm

amp rack? lazyyyyyyyyyyyy
Member02

Postby Member02 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 pm

haha, yea... its been collecting dust... sorry guys, I'll work on it tomorrow while i'm getting paid..

Return to “Project Logs”