Yep, I'm doing another one, MT 18 as usual!

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
Member02

update?

Postby Member02 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:37 pm

milenk0

Postby milenk0 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:52 pm

acetone?
or long sleeves?
whenever i use glass, i always wear goggles, respirator, and a pair of coveralls.
im really allergic to most everything, so even the fumes from the resin make my throat hurt bad.

btw, im really enjoying this work log, keep it up, and us informed.
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my lord for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

DO NOT BUY FROM LOW-HZ OR PENNYPUSHERS OR SHOWRIDES.NET
fbi90909

Postby fbi90909 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:03 pm

when i get resin on my skin while working i just shower after I'm done for the day. by then resins all dried up and hardened. comes off my arms with a little scrubbing.

a 6" port would be nice. i was considering doing 2 6" ports on mine but thought it would look a little weird..
i still gotta go cut my ports down to size. i might just get my ports done so i could at least use my enclosure for the time being until i finish the rest of my panels.

the "stippling" technique works wonders in glassing. makes laying cloth easy as hell too
Member02

Postby Member02 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:10 pm

well, I'm going to seal the box first, just to review the MT temporarily sealed as well as test the integrity of the box, then I'll add the 6" port.

I'm hoping to have the time to do another couple layers before the night is up... man, I've got 7 more pages to write of my global warming research essay... trying to work on box at the same time, i'll be up all night... that is why I have an expresso machine now!

this baby can keep me up allll night.

uh oh... time to change my avatar!
John

Postby John » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:27 pm

Member02 wrote:BTW, anyone know a good cleaning agent? I keep getting this resin on my forearm and it gets in the hairs, annoying... I tried paint thinner, no luck, any suggestions?

I know one that works perfectly, get a scrub pad or sanding pad, and scrub! Otherwise, try wearing a long sleeve shirts and/or gloves (even garbage bags work!).
Paint thinner...Acetone...on skin....bad idea...in the long run of course...
This is where CBFryman chimes in and says, o hay we use that al the time in ap chem to wash r hanz no gogles or hood ftw! :D
Member02

Postby Member02 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:29 pm

John wrote:I know one that works perfectly, get a scrub pad or sanding pad, and scrub! Otherwise, try wearing a long sleeve shirts and/or gloves (even garbage bags work!).
Paint thinner...Acetone...on skin....bad idea...in the long run of course...
This is where CBFryman chimes in and says, o hay we use that al the time in ap chem to wash r hanz no gogles or hood ftw! :D

yea...remember what he was saying about that acid to destroy the funkypup... ridiculous.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Got room for an 8" flared port?
Member02

Postby Member02 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:44 pm

yes, but 8" might be too big to get the proper tuning, I only have about ... shooot I have no idea, but probably less than 20"s worth of length available for a port.
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:49 pm

4cuft net with an 8" flared port tuned to 35Hz is ~ 20". Just throwing it out there as an idea. 27sqin of port area isnt much for an MT 18. :)
CBFryman

Postby CBFryman » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:51 pm

John wrote:This is where CBFryman chimes in and says, o hay we use that al the time in ap chem to wash r hanz no gogles or hood ftw! :D

Nah, but when we get an acid spill on our skin we like to douse it with a healthy bit of sodium hydroxide. :cwm12:

Return to “Project Logs”