Started the X today

Work in progress? Car partially underway? If you want a spot to dedicate to the work this is where you'll want to go.
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Mon May 28, 2007 4:48 pm

X-OvrDistortion wrote:I finally gave some power to one of the amps. Plugged in the stock speakers. <WHINE> Fucking shit!! So I had the ground go to the bottom of the seat belt, which bolts to the body. I thought it would be good. So then I try to connect the bolt that the seatbelt connects to the frame of the truck, same thing. So, I umplug the RCA's and bam.....noise. It tells me that it is not coming from the HU or the cables. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I look at them amp settings and it had the balanced / unbalanced switch on unbalanced. I swapped that to balanced and viola the whine was gone, and I have tunes to listen to until I get the FG done. Yippie!! FG.

Fiberglass sucks balls. I will NEVER get all those damn chop strands out of my dad's garage. I would have used weave if I knew about it. But every tutorial said, "Use chop." Don't use sucky chop. Bullocks to chop.
Member02

Postby Member02 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:07 pm

yea, use biaxial 45degree, it's the shit, plenty of flexibility and massive strength.
Derek

Postby Derek » Mon May 28, 2007 8:49 pm

i've always heard....as a rule of thumb.....to not use seat belt bolts. and i never have...and have never really had noise.

so it must be right :)

just drill a damn hole. :)
Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Mon May 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Derek wrote:i've always heard....as a rule of thumb.....to not use seat belt bolts. and i never have...and have never really had noise.

so it must be right :)

just drill a damn hole. :)

What if you can't drill a hole in the frame? Will anywhere that's got lots of metal do? Even if it's painted and you just sand it? I've always grounded that way and not had any problems, but you know more than me so I figured that I'd ask.
AsianInvasian69

Postby AsianInvasian69 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:15 pm

o my i keep coming back to see more pics and the thread keeps getting even more random.....i guess one of these days ill find some more pics
1995 ford ranger
Eclipse CD5000
MB Quart components
Subless for now...

2005 Yamaha r6

Subs in my room
Treo SSX15
XXX15
2 Tempest 15s
SE15
MT15
IA20.1 (amp)
flak_monkey

Postby flak_monkey » Mon May 28, 2007 11:24 pm

AsianInvasian69 wrote:o my i keep coming back to see more pics and the thread keeps getting even more random.....i guess one of these days ill find some more pics

I'm gonna send you a picture of DEEEEEEZ NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS!:cwm21:
X-OvrDistortion

Postby X-OvrDistortion » Tue May 29, 2007 3:53 pm

My camera took a dump on me or I would have more pictures.

As far as the seatbelt bolt goes, it is grounded to the frame now. It still did nothing, flipping the switch cleared everything up.....kinda weird if you ask me.

Mem02, I am leaning towards the cloth that you used.....just not sure if I wanna spend that much money. :(
s3sqguy

Postby s3sqguy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:46 pm

Did you finish this up? That hand, that is different.
>Boston comps, Alpine HU & EQ, kicker 5ch, 4 12s IB<
>Swapping amps next as well as more deadening.<

Return to “Project Logs”