why would someone do this to my car?

Come here to discuss the performance side of our vehicles.
kevox

why would someone do this to my car?

Postby kevox » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:43 pm

http://photobucket.com/albums/f205/kevox/ That makes me soo mad...I just found it today. I guess it happened last night while I was at work (until midnight). And to the left of it is a little cat (almost like a kitten) that they "painted" with their finger with the dirt/dust on the car. It is not visible in the pic though...and I couldn't get a pic of it since the camera merely caught the reflections shining off the car when I attempted to get a pic of it...

What could've possibly provoked this :cwm15::cwm15: Now I'm considering one of those Maaco $300 paint jobs (there are a few other flaws on the car as well), think it's worth it?

edit: oh and on another note, how come the thumbnail size pic in my photobucket album has the license plate blotted out (I did this in Paint) but when you go to click to enlarge the pic it is no longer blotted out?!?
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:09 pm

kevox wrote:http://photobucket.com/albums/f205/kevox/ That makes me soo mad...I just found it today. I guess it happened last night while I was at work (until midnight). And to the left of it is a little cat (almost like a kitten) that they "painted" with their finger with the dirt/dust on the car. It is not visible in the pic though...and I couldn't get a pic of it since the camera merely caught the reflections shining off the car when I attempted to get a pic of it...

What could've possibly provoked this :cwm15::cwm15: Now I'm considering one of those Maaco $300 paint jobs (there are a few other flaws on the car as well), think it's worth it?

edit: oh and on another note, how come the thumbnail size pic in my photobucket album has the license plate blotted out (I did this in Paint) but when you go to click to enlarge the pic it is no longer blotted out?!?

Uhh, not entirely sure what you're getting so worked up over... I was expecting you to say that someone kicked your car or damaged it or keyed it...

Mildly annoying, most likely just a bit of a spinny, compulsive person who saw a dirty car and drew something on it... No malice intended. Just like writing "I wish my girlfriend was this dirty!" on the back of a grungy cube van.

Relax man. Worse things to worry about in life. :D

Adam
Found something better.
SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
fugyaself

Postby fugyaself » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:18 pm

Uhm, did you miss the spiral keyed into the car?

http://photobucket.com/albums/f205/kevox/?action=view¤t=someonekeyedmycar.jpg

Its either something personal or some punk **** with absolutely no respect.
"Part of understanding is actually comprehending the reasoning behind the statements, not just the grammatical structure." - Dan Wiggins

"And no, dont smoke your cone - either acidentally or on purpose" - Kyle

Americanism
Atomic Fusion

Postby Atomic Fusion » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Nevermind, take it all back!!!

All I saw was the kitty...

Adam
Found something better.

SIN's Freelance Female "Rear Entry" Super Hero
JordanBrown

Postby JordanBrown » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:29 pm

If you do a maaco job, make sure you do all the sanding and taping off yourself, they will spray right over bugs they don't give a f*ck
Francious70

Postby Francious70 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:15 pm

Yea, my brother got a Maaco paint job. Lemme tell ya, you get your $300 worth.
--m--

Postby --m-- » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:45 am

I would actualy avoid the $300 job. It's not worth it in the long run. Try to buff out the scratch with a good buffing compound. Be careful that you don't buff to hard and make it worse though. Ask Josh for some good advice...he's always washing his car and taking pics of it :p. If your lucky it'll be mostly in the clearcoat. There likely will be some down to metal (might not be though if your lucky) but it may not look so bad after a good buff and wax.
Once you've hit rock bottom there's only one way to go....sideways
NDGeist

Postby NDGeist » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:13 pm

Looks like you could probably get some buffing compound and buff it out.
Mis-spellers of the world, untie!
There are only 10 types of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those who don't.
kevox

Postby kevox » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:04 pm

Jordan94z wrote:If you do a maaco job, make sure you do all the sanding and taping off yourself, they will spray right over bugs they don't give a f*ck

They are THAT bad:eek: Screw that!!

Now where can I get this "buffing compound" from? How would I be able to be sure I got the perfect "burgundy" color of my car? And roughly how much would it cost?
3 nails + 1 cross = 4given
Francious70

Postby Francious70 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:00 pm

Rubbing compound can be obtained at your local auto parts store or hardware store. It's basically very fine grit sandpaper in a wax like compound.

You just rub it softly around in a circle, and that should take car of it.

Return to “Automotive Performance”