What are your impressions of the MX Series?

General car audio discussion area.
Sparks639

What are your impressions of the MX Series?

Postby Sparks639 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:06 pm

I want to know what you guys think of the MX Series. I installed two MX 15s in my bosses car over the summer. They look great, but they turned out to be very inefficient in the setup I used. I think I underpowered them, as I had only an ED Nine.1 on each sub. Anyways, I have been trying to sell them for the past few months with no luck, even after offering them at a fraction of their original price. Why is there no interest in the MX Series? Is there something I don't know about these subs? Thanks.
grassroots421

Postby grassroots421 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:55 pm

a guy used to compete in some local competitions with two 12in MXs in a hatch around here.... don't know how much wattage he had (probably well over 4kw). metered something like 157-8s legal on the a/c which is still over 150 on the term. and he could play music (wasn't a one-note-wonder box)...

many people just don't know about them and don't want to spend a lot of money on something they haven't heard before.... that's my guess at least...
Premier P960mp | Autotek MM3000.1 @ .35ohm | MT 18 | YT Starter | HC2000 Secondary | ZX 650.4 | RS 6.5s front and rear

Return to “Car Audio”